We are following the guidelines issued by the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) and the advice from the City Health Service (GGD). We kindly ask you to also follow these guidelines. In addition to the general guidelines, there are additional rules in place for your and everyone's health in the area around the childcare centre:
- Do not shake hands.
- Wash your hands with soap regularly for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Use paper handkerchiefs and throw them away after use.
Dropping off and collecting children
- Keep your child at home if:
- they have a temperature;
- you, a housemate or your child have corona;
- you or a housemate, in addition to mild corona symptoms, also have a temperature or shortness of breath and do not yet have a negative test result.
- If you’re not sure if you can drop your child off, call your child’s group, or download the decision tree .
- Sick children cannot come, not even with minor symptoms such as a runny nose, sore throat, cough or a temperature.
- Children up to the age of 6 with a cold BUT WITHOUT a temperatur, can come to childcare. EXCEPT: if they have come into contact with a patient with a confirmed Covid-19 infection, or if an adult member of the immediate family has possible Covid-19 symptoms.
- On return from an orange or red country or area, children in the age from 0 to 12 years are allowed to come to childcare. Except if they have come into contact with a patient with a confirmed Covid-19 infection, or if an adult member ot the immediate familiy has possible Covid-10 symptoms.
- If you have mild symptoms or if you are in quarantaine after returning from an orange or red country/area, you cannot drop your child off or collect them. Please ask someone else and let us know. As always, we put safety first.
- If a family member has a temperature or is short of breath, the whole family must stay at home. Even if your child has no symptoms, they cannot come.
- If your child has mild symptoms and they worsen during the course of the day, we will ask you to come and collect them.
- If your child always has mild complaints, for example a chronic cold or hay fever, it is allowed to come according to national guidelines. Should we notice that the chronic complaints are getting worse or new complaints arise, we will ask you to pick up your child. In that case we advise you to contact your GP. Your child may come again once if your child has no longer any of the new complaints or the familiar pattern of complaints has returned.
- Only one person should drop the child off and collect them. This takes place in the playground, up to the external door or in the hall, depending on the situation in the childcare centre.
- Please leave as soon as you have dropped your child off or collected them. Keep this moment as short as possible.
- In order to guarantee the 1.5-meter distance between pedagogical staff and parents, several specific arrangements apply in each childcare centre when dropping off and collecting children:
In the childcare centre
- In order to limit the number of contact moments and so prevent the spread of the coronavirus, we would prefer to see parents/guardians as little as possible in the childcare centre.
- Please drop off and collect your child at the agreed place at the childcare centre.
- If you need to bring or collect your child inside the childcare centre, please wash your hands on-site, if possible. Or you can clean your hands on arrival with the hand sanitiser available.
- Please say goodbye to your child as quickly as possible. There will be minimum transfer time. Contact or sharing information can be done by phone or in the Parent App.
- Adults should keep a distance of 1.5 metres from each other. This includes in front of the door or in the playground at the childcare centre.
- Do not bring any materials or toys from home and don’t leave anything behind at the childcare centre. Only the materials indicated by the childcare centre, such as extra clothing, a dummy or your own bottle, etc., may to be brought to the childcare centre.
- Parents/guardians must follow the instructions of the childcare centre and the pedagogical team.
Important: If there is a suspected case of corona within the family, or if you have been in direct contact with someone who appears to have been infected with the coronavirus, please contact your GP and the GGD, and inform the manager or pedagogical member of staff at your childcare centre immediately. Please remain indoors with your whole family and avoid contact with others.